Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Freelance project

WOW!! Its been SO LONG since I had last posted on my blog. I thought I might put my creativity to good use with this next post. News flash people, I decided to try my luck in the art of freelance writing. Why? Three reasons: Boredom, novelty, and an outlet for my creativity. Those of you who know me know that I have a lot to say, whether it be about the current state of the economy, the path our country USA is heading, etc. But above all, what most of my rants are, is music. Which is the direction I will take this blog. Good Luck me!

http://www.myspace.com/copy

Copy - Hair Guitar

*Disclaimer* I do not claim to know everything about this genre of music that is electronic music. True, I know my music theory but I do not have the extensive background of listening to electronic music to throw out names and cite influences. Nevertheless, my review would be in an eye of a fresh reviewer, new to the genre

Into the field of Electronic music, this CD makes me reminisce. Don't get me wrong, I reminisce as much as the next guy, but something about this album makes me think about childhood. This is probably because the sound and the effects portrayed by this artist is very analogous to "old-school" Nintendo games that I love to play in my childhood. Listening many of the fast tracks such as track # 8 "You Can Not Believe It," takes me back to the good ol' days of playing Raiden, Double Dragon, or F-zero on my NES or at the local arcade.
Hair Guitar likes to mix it up as well, not all the songs on the album is as fast and intense as Tract #8, for example track #3 "Assassinator" offers a soothing melody combined with light four to floor beats, typical in some RPGs such as Secret of Mana or Soul Blazer.
All in all, this album is great to just pop in your car when you drive to work, or even when you work out. Let the fast songs motivate you to speed past the guy slowing down on the fast lane or force yourself to run faster than the fat image of yourself you see before you. The slower tracks are there to tell yourself you did a great job and this 5 dollar footlong was worth the extra sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment