Sunday, January 3, 2010

Introducing, Chinesepowah

1st, 2010. While the clock was striking and champagne was popping all around me, I was in a conversation with a colleague of mine. The conversation transitioned from all the shenanigans we were a part of during college to our conversations we have had that I believe altered my perception (and I am sure altered his too) of the world we live in. He posed a challenge to me which I vehemently accepted, though much deliberation if it is even worth putting in my time and effort. Since, according to my colleague, I love to talk and always have a point to prove that I should make my points known through the internet. I was thinking about this idea and though I agree that it would be fun to see what slew of random people whom I have never had any interaction with what so ever, could possibly say. More questions popped into mind, who would read this, what would people gain from reading this, why would people even take time out of their own schedule to even bother reading what I have to say, and would they ever apply what I said into practical use (probably not)?
As I take a step back, I realize I tend to think 5 or 6 steps ahead of myself and when I do that, I tend to create gaps in my logic. First things first, I should think of this a vehicle for self reflection and improvement, all that other "giving back to society" crap can wait.
As my New Year resolution, I will start off by writing a new post each week. The post, I would imagine, will cover my life, current events, stuff that annoy me, and learning how to make the biggest carbon footprint we can make in this world (just kidding).
To start things off fresh, let me introduce myself: My name is **** but you can call me anon. One beautiful thing about the internet is the ability to be anonymous. Having a sense of security through anonymity has made the internet a hotbed for the most extreme levels of free speech. Though viewed upon as a double edged sword, being anonymous allows writers to open their minds without having to worry about being censored. I guess I can also go with my pseudonym Chinesepowah ( background story, I created this name in high school mainly as a way to piss off my cantonese friend because I like to justify my social integrity as a mandarin speaker. Though it started off as a joke, the name kind of stuck. I feel that I am chinese and I have power but I have to say it in a chinese accent otherwise it would lose its funniness). I am currently unemployed and hope to find a job soon. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone especially after me saying that I also recently graduated college. With the state of our economy as it is now, recent college graduates are slowly joining the job hunt like hunter gatherers in death valley (especially since California alone is about 12% unemployment as of 2009). I recently had a job but I had to quit because of my health. It forced me to work from 5am to 1pm. Now I would have no problem working this shift, if I saw my future as bleak as Russia itself but I actually want to enjoy my freedom of no school so for my sanity, I had to find a different job. Aside from work, I live and breath the snow, and since I breath snow that would make me a cold person which is why I can cope with even the coldest winters, game recognize game right? I hear Russia has pretty cold winters, seeing as though its filled with abandoned missile silos I hear those winters are pretty... nuclear? Russia is a pretty cold place, I mean they brag about their cold winters and apparently even their wars are cold. Any case, bring it on Russia. On a side note, some of you might be wondering why I like to rip on Russia a lot. Well I will answer your question with another question, who wouldn't want to rip on Russia? But seriously, I have a russian girlfriend, and since she gives me crap about being Chinese, I think I should return the favor. I can use this opportunity to brainstorm Russian jokes and see if their passable... although she could be reading this now so she would know what is coming... well if anything we can just mass up a bunch of jokes and point them at each other and never use them.... hmmm sounds like the beginning of a very cold war....
Anyway, I think thats about enough introducing for one day. See you all next week!

- Chinesepowah

No comments:

Post a Comment