Monday, January 11, 2010

Post attempt #2

This is actually my second attempt to write a post now. I never realized that keeping up with a blog is so hard. I think it is because I am being self conscious about my lengths that I feel when I write that I should write a long post. I blame school, all our teachers have been telling us to write longer and longer essays that in the end, we just write babble just to fill the page. You know what that produces? BAD WRITING!!! To put it into perspective, would you rather watch 5 hours of the weather channel or 1 hour of your favorite TV show.... ok bad analogy. Ok different train of though, if you were a Harry Potter fan, would you want to read a 15 page booklet about Harry Potter that JK Rowling took a lot of time and dedication to write, or a 500 page sequel to the 7th book that JK Rowling wrote while on ecstasy, meth, and cocaine while suffering from a hangover on the toilet. I rest my case. Secondly, I don't even know who is even reading this but anyway, I'll just rant along.
What is really funny about having each post a week apart is that I get such great ideas on what to write about as the weeks pass that when I do get started on writing, writers block hits me and I forget all those great ideas. Oh well, thats what I get for not taking note of random thoughts I get throughout the day. ANYWAY, a little about my life now. I am currently unemployed and now have to join the population of people who actively kiss ass and get away with it to get jobs. You know, going into an interview is kind of weird. On paper, you are just suppose to tell the interviewer about yourself and he/she will see if you are fit for the job. Simple right? Well! Let me tell you something. Within the simplicity, lies an entire field of information you have to associate yourself with before even stepping foot into an interview. People write books about this process and apparently they make it seem as though the conversation you have with this "interviewer" should be the most important conversation of your life, something I find hilarious. There are a slew of rules; don't fiddle with your watch, always have direct eye contact, don't ask about salary, don't do this don't do that. Its no wonder people get stressed out during interviews. What doesn't help is the state of the economy, I might not be an economist, rather a sociologist an economist's evil twin. More and more people are looking for jobs and since many companies do not have the money to hire employees, you have over-qualified job seekers applying for jobs that should go to the college students. -le sigh-
Which brings me back to my concluding phrase, jobs these days go to the talkers not the doers

No comments:

Post a Comment